Wisconsin, USA

Monday, April 8, 2013

Lesson 148 ~ Review IV

My mind holds only what I think with God.

"If I defend myself, I am attacked."   If someone cuts me off traffic, I consider it a personal attack and I counter-attack with with a curse or a fantasy of running them off the road for "their" stupidity.  My counter-attack seems entirely justified and reasonable.  Yet ACIM tells me I am the actor, producer and director of this fantasy, and I am doing this to myself.  I am creating all the scenarios,  creating the characters, directing the action......then telling myself that it is "happening to" me...forgetting that I am in charge.  All of it is happening in my mind.  If I experience anything but Perfect Peace, I am choosing a dream.  In the world it seems that I defend myself only after an attack.  Yet in the world of dreams my mind is always in defensive mode. I am just waiting for the attack that I myself have created.  I can replace defensive thoughts with the Thoughts of Truth in my daily lessons.  My Reality is Perfect Peace.  Through ACIM I am training my mind to remember Reality.

"Sickness is a defense against Truth."    The world was created as a fantasy of separation from God.  My investment in the world and all its problems distract me from Reality.  The world is not Real, bodies are not Real, death is not Real and therefore sickness cannot be Real.  Sickness and death are witnesses to the "reality" of illusions, keeping my mind focused on dreams.  There is no need for me to convince anyone else of this, for there is no one else.  I need focus only on my own mind.  When my mind heals, the world heals until it is no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment