Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lesson 153 ~ Today I lay down all my defenses.

I feel threatened by a changing world; its twists of fortune and its bitter jokes, its brief relationships and all the "gifts" it gives, only to take away.  The world provides no safety.  It is founded on attack and all its "gifts" are illusions.  It attacks only to attack again.  No peace of mind is possible when danger is a constant threat.  I will remember this lesson well.

The world of fantasy requires defensiveness.  Threats bring anger, anger makes attack seem reasonable, honestly provoked, and even righteous in the name of self-defense. Defensiveness is weakness.  It proves that I believe I am separated from God, I deny Christ (my Sonship), and I fear my Father's anger, if God could possibly feel anger.  What can save me now from my delusions if God is an angry god, whose fearful image I see at work in all the evils of the world?

Defensiveness "proves" that I am weak and helpless, lost and alone, in a world "separated from" God.  Defenses "prove" that I am not the Son of God;  I am far away from God and possibly lost forever; trapped in a body to be set free only by "death."

Attack, defense; attack, defense becomes the bitter song of the world, trapping my mind in the madness of a dream.  My defenses are hiding Reality from my Awareness. I do not realize what I have done to to sabotage my Self.

Defenselessness is Strength.  It proves that I recognize the Christ in me.  The choice for salvation is simple.  I choose between Heaven or hell, Sanity or insanity, Love or fear, Strength or weakness.  I choose between the Strength of the Sonship ~ the Christ-Strength ~ or ego's weakness.  Defenselessness can never be attacked because it recognizes a Strength so Great that attack seems foolish; like a silly game a tired child might play when he becomes too sleepy to remember what he wants.

I will not play childish games today.  My new purpose in the world of dreams is forgiveness....forgiveness of all that I seemed to have created...forgiveness of that which does not exist.  Why would I let my Happiness slip by because a fragment of a senseless dream crossed my mind?

I will look past dreams today and recognize that I need not defend myself, because I am created in the image of God Himself with all the Eternal Strength, Joy, Happiness, Unity, Peace, Love, and Serenity that my Father Wills for me to have.  I will have no faith in a dream, but have perfect faith in the Reality that is mine. There is nothing I need fear when I realize I exist in Perfect Peace.

I will not experience Light until I offer Light, for giving and receiving are one and the same.  While I continue to "see" others, I will treat them as I would treat myself, and forgive them as I would forgive myself.  I will offer forgiveness to every person, every situation, and every thought that is not Perfect Peace.  My Happiness is fully guaranteed by God. Salvation is needed by my insane mind; salvation is like a game that happy children play, designed by One Who Loves His Children, and Who replaces their fearful toys with Joyous games, which teach them that there is only Love.  His game instructs in Happiness because there are no losers.  All who play must win.  The game of fear is gladly laid aside when children come to see the benefits the game of Happiness brings.

It used to be that I played a game where I was lost and alone, abandoned by my Father, left in terror in a fearful world, made insane by sin and guilt.  The game is over.  I will be Happy now.  I will put away toys of guilt and lock those quaint and childish thoughts of "sin" away forever from the Pure and Holy mind of God's Son.  I will take my Rightful Place in Reality.  So is the story ended.  Let this day bring the last chapter of this sad fairy tale to an end.  God's Own Angels have come to Awaken me from the dark dream that has terrified my confused, bewildered mind.  As God's Son I have learned that what I thought was my "reality" is not true.

Twice today I will think on today's thought as long as I can.....15 minutes is ideal to give attention to my salvation.  I will also devote a few moments each hour.  Every minute adds to my increasing Peace.  Sometimes I will forget.   At other times I will allow the world to close in on me.  Yet when I can, I will turn my thoughts to God and sit quietly and wait on His Voice and learn what He would have me do.  In time, with practice, I will never cease to think of Him and hear His Loving Voice guiding my footsteps.  I will recognize that Heaven is with me at all times.

Today the theme is Defenselessness.  I will cloak myself in It as I prepare to meet the day.  I will call on the Strength of God each time I feel the threat of my defenses undermine my certainty of purpose.  There can be no doubt I will reach my final goal.

"Today I lay down all defenses."





No comments:

Post a Comment