Wisconsin, USA

Friday, April 5, 2013

Lesson 145 ~ Review IV

My mind holds only what I think with God.

"Beyond this world is another world I want."  This tells me I have something Sure and True as my goal.  It would be difficult to let go of the world of dreams without having something else to hope for.  I remind myself I am not "giving up" anything.  I replace the world of dreams with EVERYTHING.  And in this exchange I receive Unending Love in place of the dream-love that ends in death/loss/abandonment; Unity with all those I Love in place of separation; Eternal Peace in place of judgment/hatred/war; Happiness that never changes to sadness/doubt; a Serenity that replaces boredom/restlessness/jealousy/envy.


"It is impossible to see two worlds."  I cannot hold a thought of anxiety in my mind along with a thought of Perfect Peace.  I am either very anxious or completely at Peace.  I can think a thought of anxiety and then let that go and quickly think a thought of peace, but they cannot both be in my mind at the same time.  Even in the world of dreams I can understand this.  I will hold a thought of illusions or Truth, but not both at the same time.  One brings chaos, the other Peace.  I can test this idea and experience its Reality for myself.  I will replace any dream-thought with ideas of Truth whenever I feel unsure, anxious, restless, bored.  Practice this over and over throughout the day.  ACIM is a Course in mind-training.  My mind is chaotic;  jumping from thought to thought in the world of dreams.  I am training my mind to Awaken to the Heaven that surrounds me.  So practice!

How do ya get to Carnegie Hall?  Practice! Practice! Practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment