Wisconsin, USA

Friday, April 12, 2013

Lesson 151 ~ All things echo the voice for God.

I do not seem to doubt the world I see. I do not seem to question what I see with the body's eyes, nor do I ask why I believe what I see, even though I learned that senses deceive. Yet I believe my senses to the last detail and trust them implicitly.  My judgment rests on the witnesses my senses offer me.  Yet no witness was more false.  I place pathetic faith in what my eyes and ears report.  I think my fingers touch reality and close upon truth.  I think what my senses show me is more real than the Eternal Voice of God Himself.

ACIM urges me to avoid judging, not because it is a right to be withheld from me, but because I cannot possibly judge anything.  All ego's judgments are false. The world is a witness to the impossible.  My senses can only show me how weak and limited I am.  Ego guides my senses and ensures that I am helpless and afraid, black with "sin" and wretched in my guilt. Ego tells me a "body" is myself and I believe it with stubborn certainty, embracing the despair and guilt it offers.

Do not listen to ego!  The witnesses ego gives to prove my sinfulness are false.  I must learn to doubt its evidence and let God alone be the Judge of what I believe.  Let Him alone be Judge of everything I seem to experience in this world.  His lessons will bridge the gap between illusion and Truth.  He will remove all faith I have placed in pain, disaster, suffering, and loss.  God gives me Vision which looks beyond these grim appearances, beholding the Gentle face of Christ (the Sonship healed and Whole) in all I see.  Only Good can come to those Beloved of God.  He will Judge all happenings and teach the single lesson they all contain.  He will select elements in them which contain Truth and disregard those aspects which reflect only idle dreams.  God will Reinterpret all I see from His Frame of Reference, so that I see the Love beyond the hate.

Life has nothing to do with what I seem to "see" with the body's eyes.  God will show me the face of Christ in everything. I well let Him evaluate each thought that comes to mind and remove the elements of dreams, and give them back to me as Clear Ideas that do not contradict His Will.  I give Him my thoughts and He will give them back Purified.

Spend 15 minutes twice today to listen to God's Voice, and briefly every hour in between. The Peace of God is mine.  I only need choose It.

"All things echo the Voice for God."

No comments:

Post a Comment