Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lesson 294 ~ The body does not exist.

I am the Son of God.  Can I be something else as well?  Can I be a spirit trapped in a body, living in a world apart from God? Can I be what God created AND another thing at the same time?  What God created is Eternal, Whole and Joyful.  If God Is, then a body I am not.  What use has the Son of God for the limited and terminal?   ACIM tells me that while I experience myself as a body living in a world, I should think of it as neither good nor bad.  For ACIM's purposes, while it has a use for me, think of it as a neutral thing.  It is not sick, old, nor hurt.  It is functionless and nonexistent.  While I seem to experience life as a body, I will use it for God's Purposes.  I will use it to carry out the mind's function of forgiveness.  I will not see it as more than this today; of service for a while and afterwards, without a purpose, laid aside and forgotten.  Father, a body cannot be Your Son.  Yet while Your Son experiences himself as a body, I can think of it as neither sinful nor sinless; neither good nor bad.  I will use the dream to help God's Plan that I Awaken from all the dreams I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment