Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lesson 192 ~ Forgiveness is my only function in this world.

My function in Heaven is being God's Son.  My function in the world of dreams is forgiveness.  Until I experience the Truth ~ that I am doing this to myself ~ I must forgive all I see and everything that seems to upset and annoy me.

My function as God's Son means nothing in a world of envy, hatred, and attack. Therefore, I have a function in the world of dreams on its own terms in a language it understands: forgiveness. Forgiveness is the means by which un-truth can be un-done.  It is the means by which I let illusions go. Heaven merely waits for my "return" to be acknowledged by me.   I never left Heaven; I only imagined that I did.

Reality has no meaning in the world of dreams.  Forgiveness is the closest thing to Heaven that the "world" can understand.  The world of dreams is all about form, and Heaven has no form.  Form must be translated into Formlessness.

Forgiveness gently looks upon all things in the world and sees them disappear, leaving the world a clean slate on which the Word of God can now replace the senseless symbols written there before.  Through forgiveness, I overcome the fear of death, for death will hold no attraction for me once guilt is gone.  Through forgiveness, I will perceive the body not as my "self," but as a teaching aid to be laid aside when learning is complete.

The mind, without the body, makes no mistakes.  The mind does not think it will die and it does not worry about being the victim of attack.  Anger is impossible without the body.  What fears could I have when I realize the core of anguish and fear is a dream?  Forgiveness relieves the mind of thinking that the body is its home. Forgiveness restores the Peace that God intended for His Holy Son.  Forgiveness persuades the Son, lost in a dream, to take a different look at what he thinks he is. With anger gone and the idea of sacrifice laid aside, pain will be lifted from my sick and tortured mind.

I will forgive, step by step, everything that vexes me.  I will forgive the alarm clock that wakens me from my comfortable sleep, remembering that it only witnesses to my separation from God, which is a dream.  I will forgive my anxiousness about getting anywhere on time, remembering that I am the Holy Son of God, Safe in Heaven and need be anxious about nothing.  I will forgive the darkness in which I drive to work, realizing that it is  yet another witness to a dream that cannot be.  I need forgiveness to perceive the un-reality of the dream.  Without its kindly light, I grope in darkness, using "reason" to justify my rage and attack.  My understanding is so limited that what I think I understand is only confusion born of error.  I am lost in the mists of shifting dreams and fearful thoughts, my eyes shut tight against the Light, my mind engaged in worshipping what is not there.

Christ is the Sonship Healed and Whole.  Each time I forgive (someone or something I see, think of, or imagine), I am born again in Christ.  When I imprison anyone or anything with anger or judgment, I imprison myself.  A jailer is not free, for he is bound together with his prisoner to be sure he does not escape, so he spends his time keeping watch.  The bars that limit the prisoner, also limit the jailer. Freedom for one of them, is Freedom for both.

Today, I wiIl hold nothing or no one prisoner.  I will release instead of bind, for by this I am made Free.  My fear, judgment, anger, envy, impatience, jealousy, and annoyance is like a sword held to my own throat, keeping me bound to a world "apart from" God. I will be aware of the thoughts and emotions that come to mind.  When I feel a stab of anger, I will lay it aside and replace it with Truth.  Each brother, each situation, each thought of the world is now savior to me, for they give me unlimited opportunity for forgiveness, releasing me from a prison house of death.  I owe each my thanks.

I will be merciful today for I, myself, deserve my mercy.  Every "brother" deserves my mercy, for my brother is my Self.  My only function here on earth is forgiveness. There is nothing else I need do.  I will replace every thought of the world with forgiveness, to remember my Reality.

"Forgiveness is my only function in this world."

No comments:

Post a Comment