Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lesson 184 ~ Heaven is my Inheritance.

In the world of dreams I live by symbols.  Love is symbolized by, perhaps, the body of another.  In a particular body, I hope to find love, companionship, intimacy and happiness.  "Bodies" are just symbols that stand for something else.  In Reality, there are no symbols which represent Love, Companionship, Intimacy and Happiness.  In Heaven I just experience the full force of Pure, Eternal and Unchanging Love, Joy and Satisfaction, without the symbols.

The world of fantasy was my reaction to a passing thought of "separation from" God. It has no Reality, but like a movie, my mind replays it over and over.  Reality surrounds me, yet I embrace fantasy. In the world of illusion I live, breathe and move about on my own and by my own efforts......or so it seems.  In Reality I can do nothing apart from God.  Not because He forces me to be with Him, but because He created me and I do not exist "apart from" Him.  I would cease to be. I could not be apart from God nor do I want to be apart from Him.  I am like a child off in the corner playing with my action figures, yet Safe in my Father's Home.

I have taken the Wholeness and Unity of Heaven and seemingly carved them into separate entities, each identified by its own name.  All happenings in the dream-world occur in terms of "time" and "place" and each body is called by a specific "name."   The "space" I see as setting off one thing from another is the means by which the world's perception is achieved.  I see something where nothing exists: a space between all things and me.  I have seemingly created "life" in separation.   By this split I think I have established an independent existence.

The "world" is a series of events, of things un-unified, of bodies kept apart, each holding bits of Mind as "separate" consciousness.  Nameless things were given names and "reality" is bestowed on fantasy.   The world of dreams is set against Truth; its enemy is Wholeness.  It is very hard to teach the mind a thousand different names and thousands more yet, this very laborious and difficult task is what I taught my mind in creating a world "apart from" God.  Reality is simple.  Illusions are difficult.  To question the world is "madness," to accept the dream-world is proof of "sanity."  Such is the teaching of the world.  I will use symbols a little while longer, but I will no longer be deceived by them.

The Son of God in me understands these words, for though words are only symbols, the words in ACIM reflect Truth.  God has no name.  His Essence cannot be contained in words and symbols.  In Him all names are Unified, all spaces filled with Truth, every gap closed and separation healed.  I cannot fail when I seek Truth.  My dream has not changed Reality in any way at all.

"Heaven is my Inheritance."

No comments:

Post a Comment