Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lesson 185 ~ I want the Peace of God.

To say these words is nothing.  To mean these words is everything.  If I could mean these words for just an instant, Heaven would be given back to my full Awareness, and the Memory of God restored.  I cannot truly mean these words and not be fully healed.

In dreams, no two can share the same intent. To each, the "hero" of the dream is different and the outcome desired is not the same.  Loser and winner simply shift around in changing patterns, as the ratio of gain to loss and loss to gain takes on different forms.

Dreams can only offer compromise.  Compromise is the goal of dreaming.  Minds cannot unite in dreams.  They merely bargain.  One always gets more, the other less.   But what bargain can bring the Peace of God?  God means nothing to a sleeping mind intent on dreams.

To mean "I want the Peace of God" is to renounce all dreams.  I have looked on dreams and found them lacking.  I now look to go beyond dreams, recognizing that another dream offers nothing more than the others.  One dream is the same as the next, only the form is different.  All will eventually bring despair and misery.

When the wish for Peace is genuine, the means for finding It is given me, in a form I can understand.

Today I devote my practice to recognizing that I really mean the words I say.  I want the Peace of God.  This is no idle wish.  These words do not ask for another dream and they do not ask for compromise.  To mean these words acknowledges that illusion ~ no matter the form ~ is all the same.

I will carefully search my mind to find the dreams I still cling to.  Consider the illusions I think will comfort me and bring me happiness.  I will not be discouraged by lingering illusions, it is not their form which matters now.   No particular dreams are more acceptable than others, no dreams are more shameful or deceive more than others. All dreams have one intent...to experience "separation from" God.

This is the choice I make; do not be deceived otherwise.  No compromise is possible in this.  I chose Reality or dreams; Heaven or hell; God or being separated from God.

Dreams will come as I desire them.  Yet God's Peace will come just as surely, and His Peace will remain forever.   It will not be gone with every twist and turn of the road, to appear in forms which shift and change with every step I take.

I want the Peace of God.  I have been weak at times, uncertain in my purpose, unsure of what I wanted, where to look for it, where to turn for help in finding it.  Help is given me today.  I am given specific, clear instructions.   And I, in turn, "give" to know I have received.

When I desire the Peace of God, I cannot fail to find It.  For I merely ask to stop denying Reality.  I cannot remain unsatisfied when I ask for what is already mine and what has been already given me.  The Peace of God is mine.  Peace was created for me and given to me by God.  God's Gifts are shared by all His Creation.  No Gift of God can be unshared.  It is this Attribute that sets the Gifts of God apart from dreams.

No one loses and everyone must gain whenever a Gift of God has been requested or received by anyone.  God's Gifts Unite.  To "take away" is meaningless to Him.

This one intent I seek today.  I unite my goal with that of Heaven.  With Help like this beside me I cannot fail.

"I want the Peace of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment