Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lesson 187 ~ In blessing the world, I bless myself.

I cannot give anything unless I first have it.  In fact, giving is proof of having.  How can I give a dollar to charity unless I have a dollar in my wallet?  This is Truth both in this world and in Heaven.  Yet where Heaven and the "world" differ, is what happens after something is given.

The world claims that what I have given is now lost to me.  If I give a dollar, I no longer have that dollar.  The Truth of Reality maintains that giving will increase what I already possess.  This is clearly seen even in the world when it comes to thoughts or ideas.  When I give ideas away, I strengthen them in my own mind.  Ideas first belong to me before I can give them.  If I am to heal the "world," I must first accept healing for myself.  I will not believe this until I experience the effects of healing.  The world will always reflect the healing of my mind, because the world is a thought in my mind. The world will offer proof of my healing, which then reinforces the healing.

I will protect all things I value, by giving them away.  In this way, I am sure never to lose them.  But I will no longer value form, for form will change and grow unrecognizable in "time."  Ultimately form is not Real.  It is the thought behind the form ("separation from God") that that I must replace with Truth.

I will give only loving, joyous, peaceful serene thoughts, for I gain by giving and what I give, I will receive.  Thought remains and grows in strength by acceptance and is reinforced by giving. In Truth both giver and receiver must gain in the exchange and neither loses in any way.  Each will have what they need in a form most helpful to them.

I must never forget that what I give, I give to myself.  In the world of dreams, objects or things are only symbols of thoughts and ideas.  The physical is not Real. And sacrifice is an idea acceptable only in the dream-world. Sacrifice is not possible in Reality.  The one idea behind the symbols of pain, loss, sickness, grief, poverty, starvation, sacrifice, and death is that I think I am separated from Reality/Heaven/God.  When I recognize illusion, it must disappear.  Separation from God is an idea so insane that Sanity dismisses it at once.   No illusion can endure before one who recognizes it as illusion.

My brother is a mirror for myself and all the insane ideas of "separation" that cloud my mind.  I will see in my "brother" what I fear in myself.  He will witness to me all my ideas of separation as long as I value the idea of separation from God.  When I open my mind to healing, my brother will witness to this as well.  I will let my brother be the gauge, or barometer, of my healing.  If I see in him something that makes me uncomfortable, I will forgive and bless him; in doing so I will forgive and bless myself. I am not separated from my brother, nor from any aspect of Oneness.  While I continue to experience the "physical" I will replace thoughts of the world with Thoughts of Reality. The Name of God is my own name and it is God Who gives It to me.  I am in Heaven, Safe with my Father, dreaming of exile to a world "apart from" Him.  I heal the world (which is a thought in my mind) by healing my thoughts.

"In blessing the world, I bless myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment