Wisconsin, USA

Friday, May 10, 2013

Lesson 167 ~ Death does not exist.

There is no opposite to Life.  There is no death because an opposite to God does not exist.

In the world of dreams, there appears to be a state that is Life's opposite called "death."   In ACIM I have learned that the idea of death takes many forms:  fear, hatred, grief, impatience, envy, greed, etc.  "Death" is the one idea that is the foundation for all feelings that are not Supreme Happiness and Perfect Joy.  All sorrow, loss, anxiety, suffering and pain, a little sigh of weariness, a slight discomfort or mere frown.......all give a nod to death, and so deny Life.  Death is the thought that I am separate from my Creator.  Death is the sign of a mind asleep.

I think that death is of the body.  Yet "death" is only an idea ~ a thought ~ irrelevant to "physical."  A thought is in the mind and it is applied as the mind directs.  A thought must be changed at its origin....the mind....if change is to occur.

The mind can think it sleeps, but that is all.  It cannot change its Reality with God. The "physical" does not exist.  Mind creates all things that are, but it cannot give them attributes it lacks.  My Reality with God in Perfect Peace, Joy, and Happiness is All There Is. Anything else does not exist.  The physical cannot be Real because "physical" is a state of being where a world seems to exist "outside" of me.  In Reality there is only Oneness, there is nothing "outside" Oneness.

I am a Thought of God, and Thoughts of  God remain Forever Changeless.  What seems to be the opposite of Life is merely sleeping.  When the mind chooses to be what it is not, it merely seems to sleep a while.  It dreams of "time," an interval in which what seems to happen never occurred, the changes brought about are meaningless, and all events are nowhere. When the mind Awakens, it continues as it always was...in Perfect Peace, Joy, and Happiness.

Today I will be a student of Truth and honor my Holy Heritage.  My "life" is not as I imagined it.  Am I able to disappear just by closing my eyes?  Can I change who I really am by wearing a costume?  For this is what I am doing when I imagine a world "outside" myself.  I will not dwell on illusion in any form today.

There is One Life and I share It with God.  My sleeping mind must Awaken, and the Awakened mind knows its Source, its Self, and its Holiness.

"My Reality is with God."

No comments:

Post a Comment