Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lesson 5 ~ I am never upset for the reason I think.

This idea can be used with any person, situation or event which seems to be causing me pain. Though the idea is universal, I will begin by using it specifically, searching my mind for past upsets or current concerns.  The upset may seem to be fear, worry, depression, anxiety, anger, hatred, jealousy or any number of forms.  My upsets seem to be varied and different....this is not so.  I will learn that all upsets are the same.   For now, I will deal with each specifically.  Search my mind for no more than a minute or so, trying to identify a number of different forms of upset that are disturbing to me, regardless of the importance I may give them. Three or four times during the day is enough.

Use both the name and cause of the upset:  "I am not angry at  _____ for the reason I think;"  "I am not afraid of _____ for the reason I think;" "I do not hate _____ for the reason I think;"  "I am not anxious about _____ for the reason I think;"  "I am not worried about _____ for the reason I think;" "I am not depressed about _____ for the reason I think." Avoid assigning importance to any problem, they are all the same. There are no levels of upset, whether a minor inconvenience or a major health issue. They are all equally disturbing to my Peace of mind.  This may not appear to be so, but trust the Teacher.  Regard them as all the same.

If I am not angry, afraid or hateful for the reasons I think...then what is the reason?  If there is ONE reason for all upset, then what is it?  There is one problem, despite all "evidence" to the contrary:  my apparent separation from God.  There is one solution:  my "return" ~ or Awakening ~ to my Reality with Him.  For now I think I am a "soul" within a "body" "born to parents" on a specific "date in time" on "planet earth" being part of the "Milky Way galaxy," with "billions" of "galaxies" beyond.  I am mistaken about that.

While I see myself as a body, it would be foolish to pretend otherwise because when I realize I am not a body, I will not have to "pretend" or "act" otherwise....I will KNOW. For now do these exercises specifically.  Deal with the world at hand.....the world that seems real to me. I am learning to judge that the world may not be as Real as I thought.  I am learning to question "reality" to learn of my True Reality.  Heaven is all around me......I am learning to See.

No comments:

Post a Comment