Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lesson 3 ~ I do not understand anything I see.

Just as in the first two lessons, I look around indiscriminately and without judgment to apply this lesson.  Anything is suitable if I see it.  Some things may have emotionally-charged meaning for me (pets? coveted objects? people?).  Pay no attention to my "feelings" about anything I choose. Whatever I see becomes a proper subject for applying the idea.  These are not exercises in judgment.

The point of these exercises is to help clear my mind of all past associations ~ all former meaning I have given ~ to see things exactly as they appear now and to realize how little I really understand about them. It is essential that I keep a perfectly open mind, unhampered by judgment, in selecting the things in which to apply the idea.  For the purpose of this lesson, one thing is just like another; equally suitable, equally useful.

'I do not understand anything I see in this room'.  'I do not understand anything I see on this street'.  'I do not understand anything I see from this window'.  'I do not understand anything I see in this place', etc."

No comments:

Post a Comment