Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lesson 4 ~ The thoughts I have do not mean anything.

Just for a minute, three or four times today, notice the thoughts that cross my mind.

Apply this idea to each one, "this thought I have about _____ does not mean anything." Do not select only "bad" thoughts, but also those that seem "neutral" or "happy."  If I train myself to look at my thoughts, I will see that they represent such a mixture, that in a sense, none of them can be called "good" or "bad."

The thoughts I have in the world of illusion cover up my Real thoughts.  "Good" thoughts are only shadows of Heaven.  "Bad" thoughts block Heaven from my mind completely.  I do not want either kind.

This is a major exercise and will be repeated in different forms.  The aim here is to train my mind in the first steps toward the goal of separating the meaningless from the meaningful.  I am learning to see the meaningless as outside me and the meaningful within.  It is also the beginning of training my mind to recognize what is the same and what is different.  All illusions are the same, the form does not matter.

Do not do this exercise for more than a minute or so.  I am too inexperienced as yet to avoid a tendency to become pointlessly preoccupied or slightly obsessive.

Pass no judgment on the type of thoughts I have.  I will learn they are all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment