Wisconsin, USA

Monday, October 29, 2012

Lesson 6 ~ I am upset because I see something that is not there.

These exercises build on the ones before.

Name both the form of upset (anger, fear, worry, depression, etc), and the apparent source (____).  Be specific:  "I am angry at _____ because I see something that is not there;"  "I am worried about ____ because I see something that is not there."  For a minute or so, search my mind for the things that seem to upset me, then apply the idea.  Do this three or four times today.

There are no levels of upset.  All upsets ~ small or large ~ are equally disturbing to my peace of mind. Whether I spill a little milk, am annoyed by a slow internet connection, getting a divorce or dealing with grief. All of these ~ equally ~ disturb my mind. Hold no particular upset that seems of significant importance to me. Do not specifically ignore a seemingly trivial upset.  For the purposes of these exercises regard them as all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment