Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lesson 1 ~ Nothing I see in the dream-world means anything

The first lesson introduces me the idea of illusion.  I am asked to question everything I think I see.  I start by looking at the things around me.  If I become anxious or strained, obsessive, or ritualistic in doing this, STOP. These are simple exercises, that should produce no strain at all. I may not feel that anything is happening. The exercises may seem silly.  I need not be concerned about my feelings.  I need not be concerned about outcomes.  I just do my small part.  This is the beginning of realizing that everything I thought Real, is an illusion.  Just do the exercises and do not worry about how this will be accomplished.  I am working with God.  He will do His part and I will do mine.

"Look slowly around and practice applying this idea, very specifically to whatever I see:  This table does not mean anything; this chair does not mean anything; this hand does not mean anything; this foot does not mean anything; this pen does not mean anything, etc."  ~~~~~~ There is no order. There is no level of importance to anything I see, it is all the same.

"Look farther away from my immediate area, and apply the idea to a wider range: That door does not mean anything; that body does not mean anything; that lamp does not mean anything; that sign does not mean anything; that shadow does not mean anything, etc."  ~~~~~~  Do not exclude anything, but at the same time do not attempt to include everything.  Remember:  no strain.

Do these exercises in the morning and in the evening, or in the afternoon or just before bedtime, or after breakfast and just before supper.  Do them twice today, for just a minute or two.  No more than 5 minutes.  Remember: no strain.

"A comfortable sense of leisure is essential."

No comments:

Post a Comment