Wisconsin, USA

Friday, July 19, 2013

Review VI

For this review I will take ONE idea each day and practice it as often as possible. Fifteen minutes or less morning and evening, and hourly throughout the day is recommended and as often as possible in between.  This seems like an impossible request, but this is a Course in mind-training.  My mind is frantic and undisciplined.  I can choose to  fill my mind with worries and thoughts of the "world," or I can choose to fill my mind with reflections of Truth.  This is a decision for Peace or chaos....Heaven or hell...Love or fear.  I choose with every thought that I allow to make its home in my mind.  One is Reality, the other is a fantasy of madness.

Each of the ideas by itself would be sufficient for salvation if it were learned Truly. With this in mind I will carefully review these last 20 lessons.  Each contains the whole curriculum if understood, practiced, accepted and applied to all that seems to come into my mind or my "physical life."

I have a function which rises above the "world."  This function is forgiveness ~ my only True function in the world of insanity.  Each ACIM lesson helps me offer forgiveness and Awaken to Reality.  Accepting and applying its lessons will bring about a deep relinquishment of everything that clutters up my mind, making my mind deaf to Reason, Sanity and simple Truth.  I will attempt to get beyond words and rituals.  I will attempt to reach a quickened pace along a shorter path to the Serenity and Peace of God.  I will close my eyes and forget all I thought I knew and understood.

I will permit no idle thought to go unchallenged, quickly replacing it with reflections of Truth from the ACIM lessons.  The Power of Heaven works with me.  It speaks of Quiet and Peace, and gives my thoughts whatever meaning they may have.  The Oneness of Heaven will teach me what to do, say and think.  It will not fail to be available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment