Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lesson 195 ~ I walk The Way of Love, with gratitude.

Gratitude is a hard lesson to learn when I look upon a troubled world.  In the dream-world I compare myself to others.  I see myself as better than some, not as good as others.  I feel grateful than I am not suffering as others,  that I was not born with a cleft palate, nor am quadriplegic like Christopher Reeve, poor like some, or unschooled and ignorant like others.  I do not have to prostitute myself for drugs or money.  I do not have to beg or forage for my daily food.  Yet how pitiful and sad are such thoughts! How can I have cause for thanks when many seem to have no cause for thanks? How could I possibly suffer less when I see anyone suffering at all?  None of this is my Reality!  This is the world of dreams....the fantasy of "me" living in a "world" separated from my Father.  This seems to be my existence "apart from" Heaven.

My brother seems to be my enemy because I see in him the rival for my peace; he gets the position that should have gone to me; she marries the man who should have been mine; he has the bigger house; she makes more money than I; he gets more respect from co-workers; she is much more beautiful; he has a charismatic personality.  Now vengeance is the only thing to wish for.

Gratitude makes no sense in a world of suffering.  It is insane to offer thanks for suffering, but it is equally insane not to offer gratitude for learning that it is all a dream.  I am grateful to my Father for creating my Changeless Reality.  I am grateful to learn that all sorrow, suffering, and separation has been just a dream.  I am grateful to learn that I am Safe in Heaven with my Father, dreaming. It was all a dream of exile to a sad and strange world.

Love makes no comparisons.  There are no bargains and no comparisons in the name of Love.  I am separate from no Living, Eternal thing.  I am One with God.  Hatred is forgotten when I lay comparisons aside.  Today I will replace anger, malice, jealousy, envy, and revenge with gratitude.  My gratitude paves the way to God.  My only gratitude is for learning that this is all a dream.

"I walk The Way of Love, with gratitude."

No comments:

Post a Comment