Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lesson 196 ~ It is only myself I crucify.

When this is firmly understood and kept in full Awareness, I will not think thoughts of negativity toward any "others."  To attack any other in thought, word, or deed is to attack myself.  To dwell on thoughts of envy and jealousy when a co-worker gets the job that should have gone to me, is to keep myself firmly entrenched in the world of madness.  There are no "others," there is no "world," and I am not a "body."  It is all taking place in my mind, and I am choosing a dream of madness over Sanity.  Mind is the only Reality.  And because Mind is the only Reality, I am hurting my mind by filling it with negativity and keeping myself from Reality.  Heaven is all around and within me, but it is like I am off in my own little corner thinking thoughts of crucifixion and death, and CHOOSING to do so, over and over and over.  Heaven is my Reality, yet I choose insanity!  Each time I "attack" another, I pound another nail for my own crucifixion...I push another thorn into my own skull.

I am doing this to myself!

The fear of God is real to me when I believe in insanity.  It is foolish to fear Peace, Love, Joy, Happiness, Serenity, Wholeness.......but when I choose madness this is exactly what is happening.  It is my own thoughts that bring me fear.  My deliverance and salvation depends on ME.  It is impossible for me to be hurt except by my own thoughts.

ACIM offers Thoughts reflecting Truth.  ACIM is a self-study course.   It can be studied in a group, but since there is only One of us appearing as "many," when I heal my "individual" mind, I heal "all" minds.  Replacing thoughts of madness with Thoughts of Truth, I teach my mind that I am not a "self" in a "body" in a "world" "separated from" Heaven.  As my mind heals, this healing will be reflected by the world I seem to see, until I see a "world" no more, and God Awakens me to Reality.  I am not separated from Heaven.  I only seem to be.

ACIM gives me "daily" thoughts of Truth to lead to my Awakening.  Time is an illusion, but ACIM speaks the language of dreams while it interprets for me the Truth of Reality.  Reality needs to be interpreted for me because I believe in dreams.  It is not "time" I need to achieve salvation, but willingness.  For what would seem to require a "thousand years" can easily be done in just "one instant".....by the Grace of God. "Time" has no meaning in Heaven.  The only thing that comes close to Eternity in the dream, is the time of "now" ~ the present.

A world of madness is what I experience.  Until I change my mind about what I desire ~ Heaven or insanity ~ there is no hope.  Yet I have the ability to change my mind.  It is as simple as replacing thoughts of madness with Thoughts of Truth.  Thoughts of impatience with Thoughts of Truth.  Thoughts of anxiety with Thoughts of Truth. Thoughts of resentment with Thoughts of Truth.  Over and over and over, until Truth is all I remember.

Heaven is all around and within me, yet I choose dreams of murder, madness, and death.  It is as easy as changing my thoughts, and salvation is mine.  I call on God to save me from illusions by His Love. He is my Father and I am His Son.  There is no Thought of God that does not go with me in my journey to Love.  When I let illusions go, there are no obstacles that remain between me and the Holy Peace of God.  I am One with God and He is One with me.  It is only in the dream that I seem to be apart from Him, in a world of chaos and insanity.

It is only myself I crucify.  Yet my redemption, too, will come from me.  The "world" can have a new function for me.  Instead of "proving" to me that I am "separated from" Oneness and "apart from" God, I will let the world show me my salvation.  I change the world by changing my mind about the world.  The world reflects my state of mind.  When my mind heals the world heals, until the world is no more.

"It is only myself I crucify."

No comments:

Post a Comment