Wisconsin, USA

Friday, December 30, 2011

Lesson 160 ~ I am Home

I was not meant to speed-read A Course In Miracles.  My chaotic, disorganized, and undisciplined ego-mind must be trained to slow down and understand.

Fear and Love cannot coexist, yet my fantasy-world is one where they seem to.  ACIM is a course in mind-training and its goal is to teach me to think differently.  I perfectly taught myself to think my mind into a world "without" God.  What would a world without God be like?  So I dreamed all that would exist in such a world:  chaos, hate, vengeance, mixed with a tiny shard of love and happiness (because God cannot be completely denied), but always returning to sorrow and loss. 

Of course anything not of God cannot exist.  Though l dream, imagining different lives and scenarios.  Yet, God does not abandon me to my nightmare.  He Gently responds, "Awaken and be One with Me; return to Love and Joy."

My Self is Complete, Whole and Joyful.  Fear is a stranger to Love.  If I identify with fear, I will be a stranger to my Self.  Who but a madman could believe he is something he could not possibly be?

There is a stranger in my midst (ego) who believes in an idea so foreign to Truth, it is as if it speaks a different language.  Ego looks upon and tries to understand a world Truth does not know and regards as senseless.  Why do I try to make sense of a fantasy-world? 

I invited a stranger (ego) to take the place of my Self.  Is it me or fear who is unsuited for Heaven?  There is no home that can shelter both Love and fear.  They cannot coexist, and one of them does not exist at all.  If I am Real, then fear must be an illusion. 

Who fears, except for one who has denied his Sonship?  If I am God's Creation, then I am His Son.  If I am His Son, I am like Him in All Ways, except that I did not create myself.  God is Love.  Anything else does not exist.  God creates only Love.  If I believe this to be true, can a world without God exist?

A stranger to himself will find no home no matter where he looks.  He has made return impossible.  His way is lost.  Only a miracle can help him now.  Yet, the miracle will come, for in Reality his Self remains.

Whom God has joined remains forever One.  "Whom God has joined together, let no man put asunder." This is referring to the Sonship.

Be thankful!  Today God has come to search the world for what belongs to Him.  I may see Him as a stranger because I still do not recognize my Self.  Yet as I welcome Him, I will remember.  He will lead me Gently Home.

God forgets no one.  ALL are called Home.

I will remember God when I look on my brother with Christ-Vision.  Who denies his brother denies him Self and denies God.  Accept the Gift of Sight through forgiveness.





No comments:

Post a Comment