Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lesson 181 ~ Trust the Experience of Truth.

My brother is myself.  Remember this, for there is nothing or no one "outside" me. Any hateful or unkind thought I entertain blocks my Awareness of Reality.

Knowledge is of Heaven, perception is of the dream-world.  Yet, perception has a focus because it gives consistency to what dreams show me.  ACIM teaches me to use this focus to embrace Truth.  What I "see" in the world of dreams will reflect my new focus or goal.

I will replace dreams and illusions with Thoughts of Truth.  I instruct my mind that Truth is all I want.  I will not ruminate about the past or worry about the future.  "Past" and "future" do not exist.  I seek only Truth and I look for it only in the present.  TRUTH is my goal.  If I feel anger or dismay, I have turned from my goal.  If a brother's sins occur to me or I turn my eyes to my own mistakes, Truth will be obscured.

I look neither backward nor ahead, but straight into the present and give my trust to the Experience of Truth.  I seek for respite an instant from the misery of the world. This is not an "escape from reality," it is a rest, in Reality, for my weary soul.

I have created the dream-world to give me an experience "apart-from-God."  ACIM teaches me that I may use everything in the dream-world to Awaken to Reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment